I recently took the car for a spin and had a look around Sydney to see what real estate agents are doing as far as real estate signage in front of homes for sale (and a couple of rentals). So I took a camera and a photographer (thanks Janett) and spent a day across Eastern Sydney and the Inner West.
So here are 50 signs that we came across snapped. It is clear that their is not a lot of innovation here and if agents are wanting to differentiate themselves, then they are not doing it with their yard signs.
Some signs look really good but the lack of information on some signs is a worry.
Here are some things to think about:
Website Link It was hard to find a direct link to any listing. Some agents did not even have their own website link on the signs.
Yard signs are great for agency promotion, but if the user actually wants information, they can be next to useless if they are not attractive and informative. After all you want these to lead to a contact and hopefully a successful result.
Sale signs must haves
- Offering: Is it For Sale, For Rent or For Auction?
- Agency Branding: Clean and easy to identify with phone number and logo.
- Property Photo: A great sized photo, that captures the essence of the offering.
- Website Link: Where can the user get more information on this listing? Preferably a direct link to full listing on YOUR website.
- Bed Bath Car: Bed, Baths and Car.
- Bullet Points: A couple of features.
- Contacts: Name of people to contact.
- Inspection Times: When is it viewable.
So lets view the signs