Top 10 People to Follow on Twitter for Australian Real Estate Agents – 2010 Q1

There are quite a few lists out there of people you must follow on twitter if you are a real estate agents but they are all skewed to a US audience. So I decided to create ย a top 10 list for Australian Real Estate Agents to follow. I quickly found it pretty difficult to limit this to just 10 people to follow. ย So what I decided to do is a quarterly top 10 list.

With the first quarter of 2010 just screaming past us already this initial list will be slightly retrospective but the next list will be better timed.

So here in no particular order is the first Top 10 People to Follow on Twitter for Australian Real Estate Agents:

1. @RPDATA
  2. @realestate_au
  3. @RealEstateUncut
  4. @Domaincomau
  5. @nik_nik
  6. @BusinessTwo
  7. @inmannews
  8. @retomato
  9. @RealEstateSoft
  10. @jburslem

If you think you should have been on the list or know somebody that should have been dont despair. They will probably show up in the next list or the one after but just to make sure suggest them to me @glenn_batten

Edit: ย All the top 10 from this list, and future lists can be found in my Twitter Listhttp://twitter.com/glenn_batten/top-10-for-aussie-agents/members

Disclosure: I created and maintain the Australian Real Estate Software website which is a directory of Real Estate Software and Internet Solutions for Australian Real Estate Agents. The twitter account listed as number 9ย @RealEstateSoft broadcasts new additions to the directory.

follow, top 10, Twitter

About Glenn Batten

Glenn Batten is the General Manager at First National Real Estate Nerang and Principal at the First National Real Estate Upper Coomera office and has over 20 years real estate experience and a passion for technology. Glenn has been writing from an agents perspective on industry issues and covering a range of topics on Business2 since 2007.

12 Responses to Top 10 People to Follow on Twitter for Australian Real Estate Agents – 2010 Q1

1. Peter Ricci April 8, 2010 at 3:58 pm #

Hmmm good list, see you snuck realestatesoft on there ๐Ÿ™‚ Also if people want to follow me then @peter_ricci is the way to go ๐Ÿ™‚

2. Kevin Turner April 8, 2010 at 9:12 pm #

Thanks for including REUNCUT on the list Glenn. We are proud of the following we have been able to create in a year. So many good contributors and now a show into the North American market http://www.realestatecoachradio.com

3. Kevin Turner April 8, 2010 at 9:22 pm #

I also have to say that Greg Vincent http://www.realestateagentsuccessclub.com has been advising me on the social media strategy for REUNCUT for the last year. He is a genius!

4. Nick April 8, 2010 at 9:45 pm #

I looked at the last few tweets on all 10 and learnt…..not much. :p

Of course feel free to follow @LuxuryHomesAust ๐Ÿ˜‰

5. Peter Fletcher April 9, 2010 at 12:11 am #

Glenn

Great initiative.

I’m going to take you to task on the selection based on it being an Australian list – or did I read your use of the word Australian incorrectly? There’s a good chance I did.

@inmnannews, @nik_nik, @jburslem and @retomato are all based in the US. That’s a full 40% of your list. Sure, they tweet great stuff but do we not have great tweeps to follow here in Aus?

I’ll say one thing about @domaincomau. They’re boorish, negative snobs. At least that’s the way they come across in their tweet stream. Many of their articles paint a dour picture of the future for real estate in Australia. They’re self-absorbed and that’s evident by the constat use of the hashtag in front of their name; an effort to game Twitter search. Finally the only @ reply they’ve sent within the last 4 pages of tweets was to comedian Dave Hughes. Not a single interaction with any of the thousands of agents that keep them profitable.

How about shining a light on some local guys? Little people that interact and share freely: @prospeter, @aussiehome and @larascott for example.

Looking forward to seeing next quarter’s list. ๐Ÿ™‚

6. Glenn Batten April 9, 2010 at 12:25 am #

Just so its clear… this is a list for Aussies… not of Aussies. Obviously Aussie tweeters will have a big presence here but I am not going to limit it as there is some fantastic content from tweeters like @nik_nik and @retomato

If there is a good Kazakhstani tweeter out there that Australian real estate agents should be following they may make the list ๐Ÿ™‚ hmm.. does Borat tweet ?

Also the focus is on people tweeting their own content that agents would get a benefit from. There are plenty of agents out there doing great work on twitter but its focussed on their clients and is not so relevant for agents themselves.

7. Mac April 9, 2010 at 2:27 am #

FYI, these businesses can be deleted if you have them, Glenn:
    Anything to do with the Advenda group has disappeared.
    i.e.
    Advenda.com.au
    Vertick.com
    Adcentral.com.au
    + Uniquehomes.com.au website that they used to run
    Now, that’s an interesting and large hole a once successful group used to occupy. Wonder what the story is….?

8. Rachael Lord April 9, 2010 at 4:15 am #

Good inclusion of REUNCUT. Kevin Turner does some great work!
    Our MD Kylie Emans was interviewed by him and the whole process was very professional. We are regular listeners now to his podcasts.

9. Terri Cooper April 28, 2010 at 4:07 am #

HI Glenn – great article and I am proud to be associated with both Kevin Turner and Glen Vincent. They have both been inspirations in the real estate world for me personally and for the advancement of my business. It’s exciting to know that we Aussies are now up there with the best!! Cheers Terri

10. RM May 16, 2010 at 10:00 pm #

@Mac

I suggest you get your facts right as Advenda never ceased to operate.

11. Josh Allsop September 11, 2010 at 1:41 pm #

If you would like to have the latest listings emailed to you as they come onto the market, be sure to sign up for the Perth Prime Rental List. Also you can follow me on twitter @JoshAllsop

12. Peter Ricci September 12, 2010 at 12:04 am #

Josh, please use this site to communicate and not promote. Always let the first one through, but please keep it relevant.