Is real estate ready for Mobile Phone websites? If you are thinking of forking out 1000’s of dollars building a mobile phone website the following statistics may change your mind for now.
The following are some statistics for a Google Mobile Phone search on accommodation. These statistics are gathered from January 1, 2010 until April 29, 2010. I am using these statistics based on the search term Lorne Accommodation. As a comparison I will give the stats for the same search term when a browser searches via their computer.
Mobile Phone Statistics January 1 – April 29
- Mobile Phone – Search term (Lorne accommodation) 594 Impressions*
- Computer – Search term (Lorne accommodation) 68,044 Impressions*
* the amount of times browsers type in the search term
This is a massive difference in how a browser tries to find accommodation in this region.
Below are stats on a real estate agency based in southern Victoria. It shows the amount of visits dating from January 1, 2010 until April 28, 2010. The first row shows how many times people accessed the site using their mobile and the second row show how many visits via the browsers computer.
Real Estate Agent Website Analytics January 1 – April 29
- Mobile – 442 visits, 1770 page views, average time on site 3mins 24secs
- Computer – 19,904 visits, 116,768 page views, average time on site 4mins 26secs