Minor updates to Realestate.com.au

I believe this afternoon around 5.00pm Realestate.com.au deployed some minor updates to their portal. It did not run smoothly though as ads across the site, homepage news, info and other widgets including “what the locals think” all could not be connected. And at one stage the portal went down for a few minutes and was completely unreachable.

A few noticeable changes I can see include:

1. There is a newly styled main navigation bar
  2. Search Results – Look of the search results has been improved.
  3. Search Results – Upgraded listings don’t stand out as much anymore
  4. Search Results – “New” listings have a red slash over the image.
  5. Property Page – The layout of the media player has changed so images now scroll down rather than across.
  6. Property Page – Open times are now in a container which stands out
  7. Property Page – There is a large ad on the right of the main content area which is very hard not to notice.
  8. Property Page – More preference to the agency, providing links to their For Sale, Rental and Sold listings.

There are probably other things I’ve missed but I’m sure you’ll point them out.

Sydney PHP Developers

Realestate.com.au, updates to Realestate.com.au

About The Insider

Ryan has been involved in the real estate industry for a number of years. During this time he has operated web based real estate businesses along with provided consulting to the real estate software development industry. Ryan operates Agentpoint.com.au and is actively involved with the design and development of real estate systems, software and web sites in the United States, Australia and New Zealand.

15 Responses to Minor updates to Realestate.com.au

1. Glenn Rogers December 9, 2011 at 6:27 pm #

Updates like that are done after midnight to avoid the impact of such glitches.

2. John Jasonlite December 9, 2011 at 8:42 pm #

Releases are done regularly and during business hours I would say. The glitch would be third party content outage blocking the DOM.

There’s also a huge new photo orientaed premier property page- looks great

3. Glenn Rogers December 10, 2011 at 11:32 am #

That’s why they should be done overnight.

4. Sam December 12, 2011 at 4:11 pm #

I think the listing pictures are bigger.

5. Glenn Rogers December 13, 2011 at 1:53 pm #

Can I suggest agents place a link to B2 on their web sites, not enough agents are contributing probably because they dont know about it, I’m sure plenty of others would like the opportunity to contribute if they were made aware.

6. AJ December 14, 2011 at 12:06 pm #

we r currently looking to get a holiday hose in Tassie but we can’t view the pictures on the website realestate.com.au we have tried IE, Google Crome and firefox and they all have the same issues we have also downloaded the app for the iphone 4s and that 2 can’t show the pictures can anyone help or know how to fix this

7. Sam December 15, 2011 at 3:25 pm #

realestate.com.au doesn’t hire holiday hoses

they sell hoses

8. Glenn Rogers December 16, 2011 at 9:01 am #

I wait 3 days for a reply and I get this ???

9. Ryan O'Grady December 16, 2011 at 9:11 am #

No complaints here Glenn we’d love more agents contributing or joining discussions.

10. Glenn Rogers December 16, 2011 at 9:47 am #

I think they would love to at least have a place to vent if they knew about it,

11. vic Del Vecchio December 17, 2011 at 10:34 am #

Glenn, interesting point,

The quick fire forums of private facebook groups seems to be the rage these days. I am in four or five closed groups and and find the interaction stimulating. I have tagged in some of the articles from B2 and generally find that they do not seem to move people to this blog for further comment.

Shame that, because B2 has always been my favourite RE blog. Perhaps we are seeing the new paradigm taking over.

12. Rhett Barron December 20, 2011 at 7:31 am #

Yes, perhaps business2 is going the way of myspace ๐Ÿ™‚

13. Peter Ricci December 22, 2011 at 6:34 am #

Hi Rhett

Will let you know as soon as News Limited buys us for 580 million big ones. Until then we will still be around to annoy some and delight others.

Thanks for your comment ๐Ÿ™‚

14. Glenn Rogers December 23, 2011 at 7:41 am #

Just noticed I think the listing pics are larger as well Sam and what I did notice however was that it was fast……….it reminded me of whsat really matters in a web site, forget the bells and whistles, it has to be FAST, the nanosecond you lose getting the information to the visitior is critical.
    Fast is far more impressive than anything else other than content.

That one’s for free.

Merry Christmas everyone.

15. builders northern beaches December 29, 2011 at 7:58 pm #

good to see the your group wasting all their profit that they make from our poor vendors advertising funds why donโ€™t they reduce their fees? instead they increase them by up to 70% just to waste on silly legal fights.