With traffic recently hitting 450,000 unique browsers in August, homesales.com.au has launched a number of new features aimed at enriching the user experience.
homesales.com.au’s latest updates include:
- New search results presentation across the For Sale, For Rent and Investor Search channels. This features responsive design which adapts the layout of the search results based on the users screen size (upwards not downwards).
- A new menu bar that scrolls with the page, allowing users to easily navigate between search channels.
- Planning Application data allowing users to view current council planning applications within 2kms of the advertised property. Perfect for investors looking for subdivision opportunities.
- Tax Depreciation data and calculators within the investment search channel. Helping investors looking for negative gearing opportunities.
- Points of Interest Data within the property listing detail pages. This helps inform users of local amenities such as schools, hospitals, local shopping centres, etc
- Find an Agent directory launched — allowing users to find their local real estate agent.
- The launch of a homesales.com.au mobile site with a strong focus on simple navigation and call to action enquiry placements.
The latest version of homesales.com.au leverages experience from a range of areas, explained carsales.com Ltd Chief Information Officer and Director of homesales.com.au, Ajay Bhatia.
“As the online and mobile marketplaces continue to grow, users are looking for a wider range of data and information at their finger tips,” Mr Bhatia explained.
“Leveraging the broader carsales.com Ltd technology base has allowed homesales.com.au to move quickly to address consumer needs and wants. homesales.com.au now offers a unique mix of data and classified content that is served contextually to users – whether they are visiting the site form their smartphone, tablet or desktop computer,” he said.
“This latest new product and data integration is another step in the right direction for homesales.com.au,” he stated.
According to Mr Bhatia, homesales.com.au users now have access to more than 175,000 properties online.
“It is an exciting time for the homesales.com.au business,” commented Rhett Dallwitz, General Manager of homesales.com.au.
“We’re very pleased to be able to bring these latest releases to market. And with more new features and agent specific products scheduled for release within the first quarter of 2013, there’s plenty to come,” he said.
Some of these features are not seen on other portals and only available on homesales.com.au. I must say, they are well thought and very intuitive, I really like the planning application feature and investment data insights. Its great to see a subscription free portal making inroads into the portal market both with innovation and UB’s. However, the true success of a portal can be measured quite easily by the number and quality of leads it returns to agents. So hopefully, homesales.com.au is achieving this.