New Business2 Release

Welcome to the all new business2 blog. I hope I have included all of the options users wanted to see, like Sam (recent/latest comments) post links at top of page, Elizabeth’s (Comments Link to go to bottom of page instead of scrolling) and many others.

Some things……….

Gravatars: If you go to Gravatar.com and register – you can post an image of yourself under your email address (image size 80 x 80 pixels) and any time you post a comment your image will appear alongside it! It takes around 48 hours to begin working, but after that it is completely automatic.

There are many new features and I suspect there may be a few teething problems over next few days…we will be adding a few extra features, but I thought it best to get it live…

I hope you like the new design, if you pick up problems or do not like it, you all know what to do!

Business2

About Peter J Ricci

Peter Ricci is the Director of Agentpoint.com.au, Business2.com.au, Ginga.com.au and ZooProperty.com and has been involved in designing and developing real estate systems and websites since 1997. In July 2001 Peter founded Business2.com.au to help real estate agents better understand the power of the Internet and the real estate landscape in Australia and New Zealand. Since then he has penned over 300 articles on a variety of subjects in the real estate technology industry. Business2.com.au is now the leading real estate technology site in Australasia.

17 Responses to New Business2 Release

1. Sam February 18, 2007 at 9:09 pm #

Hi Peter,

Nice clean new look but this is what I meant by having functionality to show users if there’s a new post in a thread etc – see how the Whirlpool forum works, something like this is whats needed.

Sam

2. Peter February 18, 2007 at 9:34 pm #

Sam this is a forum, I am not interested in forums, they are messy and are very hard to moderate…

3. Peter February 18, 2007 at 9:35 pm #

I added this so users could easily see latest posts as well as all incoming comments under which posts….

4. Dave Bowker February 18, 2007 at 9:51 pm #

Oh wow that link you posted Sam was like my desk. Messy.

I’m gonna keep myself subscribed to this thread. ๐Ÿ˜‰

5. Robert Simeon February 18, 2007 at 9:55 pm #

Love the new look Peter,

Precise,and clean with excellent navigation. Great job and static sites rock in my opinion.

A ‘big’ job very well done with outstanding functionality.

Congratulations ๐Ÿ˜‰

6. Peter February 18, 2007 at 10:07 pm #

Thanks Robert, we still have a few more features to add – but it is a large overhaul, lots of little things underneath the hood!

7. Sam February 19, 2007 at 6:40 am #

“and are very hard to moderate

8. Peter February 19, 2007 at 8:19 am #

Hi Sam

Forums – well they are like rolling commentaries, they would mean more comment posts. Most forums these days – and I can add one easily and have thought about it – use AJAX and you can type in a quick comment and the comment appears as you look at page…..

I would rather comments appear under posts, it is more uniform….I will never say never, but I doubt it will ever happen…..

I do understand what you mean, but I do now think I have made it easier for people to see who has commented last and what are the last few posts…..

regards Peter

9. Sam February 19, 2007 at 8:29 am #

No problem ,the site is easier to use, well done !

10. Peter February 19, 2007 at 8:38 am #

11. Sam February 20, 2007 at 4:35 pm #

Sorry Peter I didn’t see the reference to the latest post on the right hand side, very good that does the trick, BTW did I mention that REA gets 3.7 million visitors ?

12. Sam February 20, 2007 at 9:18 pm #

Thats actually “recent comments’ and seems to change on refresh, it should show the last post on top , can it do that ? It’s much more useful that way.

13. Peter February 20, 2007 at 9:35 pm #

Hi Sam….There is recent entries AND recent comments….are we talking about the same thing?

14. Sam February 20, 2007 at 9:47 pm #

I’m talking about “recent comments’ It should show the last post on top, it seems to sometimes but if you refresh it seems to change.

Last post on top is great it shows the last activity at a glance.

I should not have a PC at home should I .

15. Dave Bowker February 20, 2007 at 10:30 pm #

Sam, it does show the comments in descending order, last on top. That’s the only way it works, it doesn’t randomise or change. Maybe you’re just refreshing and then theres comments been posted. That’s most probably the case since the latest article has currently over 40 comments.

16. Sam February 21, 2007 at 8:03 am #

I was refreshing last night when no one was posting and getting a different list of comments each time, I’ll check it again today.

17. Sam February 21, 2007 at 10:10 am #